Christmas Tealight Snowflake
This gorgeous snowflake has a small Batter Operated Tealight in the center of it, which lights up when switched on. Stitch out with metallic thread, and your tree will glitter with delight.
10x10cm (4x4”) embroidery hoop
10x10cm piece of stitch and shape
10x10cm piece of white cotton fabric
25cm piece of ribbon (I have used a zigzag ribbon) for hanging
Hot glue gun
Batter Operated LED tealights (I got a pack of 5 for 3.99 at my local discount store)
Bobbin thread, stabiliser, scissors for trimming
Tealight Snowflake Christmas Ornament Design by Julie Hall Designs
- Hoop stabiliser in the hoop tauntly.
- Place the hoop in the machine
- Load your snowflake design
- Lay the 10x10cm piece of stitch and shape and fabric on top of the hoop (ensuring they are centred.
- Stitch out the first colour way, which will tack down the stitch and shape and white cotton fabric.
- Remove the hoop from the machine, and trim away the excess fabric, leaving the stitch and shape.
- Lay the ribbon on the back of the stabiliser, and hold there with a piece of sticky tape.
- Stitch out the final colour way.
- Remove the excess stabiliser from the back, and using the Cutwork Blade, trim away the center of the tealight, and around the edges.
- Heat up your hot glue gun, and glue the tealight onto the snowflake.
- You are now ready to hang your ornament on your tree.
Your tree is now ready to display its first ornament.